The Pipeline Operators Forum is a non-profit forum enabling pipeline inspection and integrity engineers to share and build good practices, with the ultimate purpose of improving the quality of pipeline integrity management at every level, hence protecting people, the environment and operational integrity of pipelines globally.
The POF restructured in 2014 from an informal organization into a formal association registered in The Netherlands. This website is funded on cost basis only.
The current Pipeline Operators Forum specifications and guidelines can be downloaded here.
Membership is required to view information regarding POF meetings, additional documentation and to use the online forums.
Members of the POF Association can be businesses, enterprises and/or institutions having legal personality that own and/or operate pipelines in the oil, gas and/or chemical industry. If you would like to become a POF member, please complete the application form.
For a current list of POF member companies please visit "our members" page. If your company is listed as a member, you can be registered as a "Registered User" and will have access to the member section of the website. If you would like to become a Registered User, please send a mail to the POF admin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Pipeline Operators Forum Mission Statements:
“to create and maintain a forum to share pipeline integrity experience and good working practices with the ultimate purpose of improving the quality of pipeline integrity management at every level, hence protecting people, the environment and operational integrity of pipelines globally”.
“to support any activity, from a technical perspective, regarding research, development, set-up of specifications, set-up of good applications and information relevant for pipeline inspection and integrity at all levels such as (but not limited to) inspection, integrity, cleaning, repair, localization, with a focus on In-Line-Inspection and continuous pipeline operation”.
Within the described mission, in a spirit of equality of all Members and based on consensus, the POF seeks to pursue the following (sub)objectives:
- promote global pipeline integrity management
- support of the international pipeline community with technical guidelines and specifications for pipeline inspection equipment, inspection procedures, inspection guidelines and any relevant information that may contribute to pipeline inspection and/or integrity
- to promote efficient pipeline inspection technologies and procedures in general and for the oil, gas and chemical industry in particular
- formulate technical guidelines and specifications on how to improve safety and operational reliability and to reduce the environmental impact of oil, gas and/or chemical pipelines
- work with industry to support pipeline inspection and related technologies and to improve the services required to meet integrity objectives
- maintain an environment (website) with controlled access to papers, POF inspection specifications and other relevant documentation.